Red Potato Salad with Sweet Corn
Easy fresh summer salad with mini red skinned potatoes with fresh sweet corn and cilantro.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup mayo (vegan or conventional)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Ancho or Chipote chili powder (or use your favourite chili powder)
- salt to taste
for the salad:
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (frozen works too, thaw first before adding to salad)
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 227 g jar of roasted red peppers drained and sliced
- 1 large field tomato, diced (or half a pint of cherry tomatoes cut in half)
- 3 lbs red skinned mini potatoes
In a medium saucepan, add potatoes and enough cold water to cover the potoates by an inch or so. Bring to a boil over high heat, add a teaspoon of salt and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until potato skins start to split and are fork tender. Drain in a colander and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Mix dressing ingredients together in a large bowl. You will use this bowl to toss the salad, so make sure it is large enough to hold the salad ingredients. Taste for seasoning. Be generous with the salt - be sure you can taste the lime, jalapeno and the cilantro.
Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half, or quarters if very large and add them to the bowl with the dressing. They should be about bite-sized - I like mine big bites. Add remaining salad ingredients. Toss well. Serve at room temperature. Refridgerate if not serving immediately. Can be made several hours ahead.