Creamy Savoy Slaw with Chardonnay Mustard Dressing
Upgrade your usual coleslaw salad with savoy cabbage and creamy sophisticated mustard dressing.
Servings: 6 servings
- Medium Savoy cabbage core removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a red onion very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar or white sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or other mild tasting oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy Chardonnay mustard or other grainy mustard
- salt to taste
Thinly sliced the cabbage and add to a bowl large enough to toss the salad.
In a mason jar (or any jar with a tight fitting lid) combine mayo, vinegar, oil, sugar, and mustard. Tightly close lid and shake until dressing is well combined. Taste for salt and adjust as required.
Pour dressing over cabbage and red onion. Toss well. Sprinkle salad with sliced almonds before serving.