Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars
A healthy take on carrot cake for quick and tasty on the go breakfast.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup almond butter or nut butter of your choice - peanut, sunflower, etc
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup mashed banana about 1/2 of a large banana
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener agave, maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1 cup grated carrot about 2 large
- 2 tablspoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
for the frosting:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespons of almond milk or more to desired consistancy
Preheat oven to 350
Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients and mix well.
Add remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
Spoon into the prepared baking pan and bake for 32-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of bars comes out clean.
Once completely cool, cut into bars.
Combine icing sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well before adding more. Repeat until desired consistency is reached. I prefer a thicker glaze. Drizzle over bars. Allow glaze to harden before storage.
Alternative, skip frosting and wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for quick take-along snacks.