This salad starter that will keep for several days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Perfect for my Detox salad, however you use the starter to build an infinite number of salads based on your taste.
Servings: 1 serving
For Detox Salad
- 2 cups salad starter see below
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cooked grain I used a wild rice and quinoa blend
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- sesame oil or flax seed oil for finishing
For the salad starter:
- 1 large head of romaine or two romaine hearts, small chop
- 4-5 radishes sliced
- head of broccoli florets loosely chopped and the stems/stalks thinly sliced, peel away any of the tougher outsides of the stalks.
- 1-2 jalapeños finely diced
- 1 large carrot small dice
- a generous handful or parsley chopped
- a generous handful of cilantro chopped
- 1 hard apple small diced
- 6 large kale leaves stems removed and thinly sliced
For the Detox Salad - makes one serving:
You will have enough salad starter for several salads. It will keep in a covered container in the fridge for a few days. Prep ahead and eat healthy salads all week.