Cranberry Apple Muffins
These muffins are all about fall flavours - tart cranberries and sweet fall apples. Frozen cranberries work nicely.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1-1.4 cups whole plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large granny smith apples finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries fresh or froze roughly chopped (just enough to burst some of the fruit)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In medium sized bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
In a large bowl cream together the wet ingredients: beat eggs until smooth, add yogurt, vanilla, and butter. Whisk until creamy. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and gently fold to just combine. It's okay if there are some dry bits at this point. Fold in fruit.
Divide batter evenly between the muffin cups. These are nice big muffins, so cups will be close to full.
Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden and muffin tops are springy. You can also test with a toothpick, it will come out clean when the muffins are done.