Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
a hearty vegan breakfast with apples, cranberries and almonds
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2-1/4 cups of non-dairy milk I used almond
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup or 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups chopped apples pears work nicely too
Preheat oven to 350
Spray a 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray
In a large bowl mix together flax seed, milk, syrup and vanilla. Set aside while you dice up the apples.
Stir in oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, almonds, apples and cranberries.
Bake until the top is golden brown and firm throughout, about 35-40 minutes. Serve with extra maple syrup and maybe milk for the top. Leftovers reheat nicely the next day.