Spaghetti Squash with Feta and Kale
a simple and easy preparation for cooked spaghetti squash - with garlic, kale and creamy feta cheese
Prep Time1 hr
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 2 -4
- 1 spaghetti squash seeded and cooked, flesh separated into strands (see notes in post)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale leaves packed
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat's-milk feta cheese
Cook your squash using your preferred method and separate the strands. Allow to drain over a colander, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add garlic and saute for just a minute or two, do not let it brown. Add kale, chili flakes and gently toss until kale begins to wilt.
Add squash to kale in the pan and gently toss until heated through and mixed well with the garlic and kale. Add apple cider vinegar and honey. Continue to toss for another minute or two. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour squash and kale mixture into a serving bowl. Add about half of the feta and toss into the squash. Sprinkle the remaining feta on top of the dish along with a freshly ground black pepper. Serve.