Muhammara Roasted Red Pepper Spread
This robust dip is quick when made with jarred roasted red peppers.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 -1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 7oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
Heat oli in a non-stick ckillet and sautee shallot until soft and transuclent. Careful not to brown. Add garlic and saute for another minute or so, remove from heat to cool while you prep the remaining ingredients.
In the bowl of food processor add all ingredients, including the sauted shallots and garlic, and pulse until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasonings - add more salt, lemon and pepper as needed. Serve with pita or use as base for a wrap.