Easy Seafood Stew
An quick and easy weeknight meal. White fish, shrimp and clams in a full flavour tomato based broth. This will become a family favourite
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 very large garlic cloves chopped
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 2 medium / smallish tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white vermouth or white wine
- 1 can of whole baby clams / juice drained and reserved
- 1 236ml jar of clam juice
- 1 lb shrimp
- 0.5 lb cod fillets 227g package frozen, cut into bite-sized pieces
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven or deep saute pan. Add onion and saute until fragrant and tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and parsley. Saute for another 2 minutes. If at any point the onions are sticking to the bottom of the pan add a little of the reserved clam juice or white wine.
Add tomato paste and saute to incorporate it fully into the vegetables. Then add diced tomatoes, clam juice, the wine and the reserved clam juice from the can of clams (just use the lid to drain it into the pot and hold the clams for a few minutes). Bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-highish and add the cod pieces Cook about 5 minutes, then add shrimp and calms. Stew should be simmering hard (but not violently). Cook until the shrimp are pink. In total, once fish is added, do not simmer for more than 10 minutes to avoid over cooking the cod. Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco. Serve.