Easy Tortellin and Bean Soup
Cheese tortellini, navy beans, kale and tomatoes makes a simple and full flavour mid-week soup
Servings: 6 people
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 4 ribs celery thinly sliced
- 14 oz can of flavoured diced tomatoes – Cracked Black Pepper and Roasted Garlic
- 28 oz can of no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 19 oz can of navy beans or other white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 litre box of vegetable both or 4 cups of water
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups sliced kale or other greens – escarole or spinach
- large package of cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese as desired
Cook tortellini according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, sauté celery in olive oil until just slightly tender about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, beans,water and greens (unless using spinach – if using spinach add at the very end with the pasta, and then just stir until it wilts). Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Drain pasta and stir into soup. Serve.