Just like your favourite girl guide cookie -- Chocolate Mint pudding. This pudding is made with tofu for a bit of a healthy twist.
It's 10 am and I have had too much coffee today. I'm feeling a bit wired. Funny, when I'm at work I can chug several coffees before lunchtime and feel just fine. At home, 2 cups puts me over the edge. I've played with my blog theme for a while now - 3 hours this morning actually -- I'm just not happy. It may be time to just bite the bullet and pay for a real one.
In other news --- if you haven't noticed the little box over to the right side www.infinebalance.com is now on facebook. I guess I bit that bullet. So go ahead and "like" me there too. It will make me feel better.
We've almost eaten our way through a box of chocolate mint girl guide cookies. So instead of fighting over the last few, I've made a chocolate mint pudding. The pudding is vegan (well, if your chocolate is) but the cookies are not. What you do with that information is completely up to you.
Chocolate Mint Pudding
- 1-½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsps soy milk
- 1 pkg silken tofu
- 1-2 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 chocolate mint girl guide cookies (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips and the soy milk together. Either in a double boiler on the stove top or in the microwave. I prefer the microwave method. It's faster and requires only a glass dish. Set your microwave to medium high heat and cook for 1-2 mins. Be sure to stir every 20-30 secs to make sure the chocolate does not burn and stop as soon as it is all smooth.
- In a food processor or blender, add the chocolate, the tofu and the mint extract. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Scrap down the sides of the bowl often, otherwise you will end up with little white grains of tofu in your pudding. These just don't look nice.
- Divide into 4 pudding cups and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. I'm saving mine for dinner. To serve , crumble a cookie on top of each cup.
hmmm... tofu? sounds strange to me, I am not a fan of tofu but the pudding looks good, I think I'll try it haha just to try new things but just for curiosity..what can I use to replace tofu?
Trust me... you just taste choclate!