Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Snack Bars. No-bake. Nut-free. Vegan.
Another granola bar. Okay, okay. These are not extremely original. I've made and written about various versions. Homemade granola bars are fairly easy and these cranberry and dark chocolate snack bars don't need any oven time. Which means 15 minutes, tops.
Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Snack Bars
- 1-½ cups rolled oats
- 1-½ cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup golden corn syrup or brown rice syrup
- ½ cup WOWbutter or sunflower-seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips 60% cocoa or more, vegan preferable
- Prepare a 8X8 baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Lay two sheets cross-wise on top of each other so that paper hangs over all four sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients - oats through chia seeds.
- In a small sauce pan bring to slight boil - syrup, WOW butter and vanilla. It should just bubble slightly. And should only take a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Pour syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine. It will be stiff and difficult to stir, you may want to use your hands. (its a bit messy that way). Once all is well combined, mixture will be cool enough now, add the chocolate chips.
- Press resulting sticky mix into the prepared pan, ensure you press evenly into the sides and the corners. I use the back of a metal measuring cup to make the top smooth and even. Press firmly, so they bars are really packed together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour before cutting.
- Use the overhanging parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan. Cut the block in half, then each half into 8 thin bars. Makes 16 snack bars.