And because he is so sad that we have all gone back to work and to school and he spends too much time alone during the day with nothing to do but to chew our shoes. I had to make it up to him. Tell him I love him. So I made him cookies. Cookies = love. Even to dogs. Totally rational.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups oats minute or large flake
- 3 - 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line 2 or 3 baking trays with parchment. You should be able to get all the cookies on 3 trays.
- In the mixer bowl, combine pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and sugar. Beat well until combined and smooth.
- Stir in flax seeds and oats.
- With mixer running at low speed add flour, I cup at a time, allowing each addition to become fully incorporated before adding the next. You can switch to your dough hook at this point.
- After adding three cups of flour, at more only if dough appears to be soft and sticky. You want a stiff and firm dough. Kneed in mixer for a few minutes.
- Flour your work surface liberally, and kneed dough a couple of times then roll out to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes.
- Place on baking sheets slightly apart, they will expand slightly as they bake. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. They should be dry and golden brown.
Hi, I’m Trish. I share quick and healthy recipes designed to get you through your busy days, balanced with a generous serving of sweet and decadent treats for weekends and special occasions. You will find vegan, gluten-free and plant-based recipes here too. Thanks for visiting!