So hey,I just wanted to let you know what I did with those yummy little red gems from the weekend.
The next day, because that is how I roll, I tossed the roasted cherry tomatoes with some beans and garlic for a supper quick dinner. Crostini with a salad – so easy.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, roasted as done here
- 2-4 Tablespoons stock or white wine ( i used a bit of each) for sautéing
- 1 can white kidney beans,rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 8 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted bread slices
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, toss tomatoes, stock or wine (just enough to moisten, prevent sticking and to create a bit of sauce), add beans, garlic and green onion. Cook until heated through and you have just a bit of sauce left at the bottom. The toasted bread will soak up that yumminess.
Add the basil leaves and a good quality olive oil and toss until just combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on top of toasted baguette slices.