And when the strawberries are ready you make salsa. No? Not you? You should try it. It’s pretty awesome.
You could serve this salsa at a party and play a game – the “The Guess What’s in the Salsa” game. I promise, your guests will marvel at the colour and wonder what it is you put in there.
I can only describe this as fresh. Surprisingly not sweet. And surprisingly addictive. Of course you could add more sweetener if you wanted a sweeter salsa. You could also add more jalapeño if you wanted to go that way.
- 3.5 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/4 of a white sweet onion, such a Vidalia, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- juice of one orange
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon of honey
- salt to taste, with just a twist of fresh pepper
In the large bowl of your food processor fitted with the s-blade, add onion, green pepper, jalapeño and cilantro and pulse 2-3 times. Add strawberries and pulse 2-3 times. Add vinegar, orange juice and honey, salt and pepper. Pulse to mix. check for seasonings.
Salsa benefits from an hour or two sit in the fridge.
I’ve been adding this to my lunch salads all week in place of dressing.
Thank’s for visiting. I’m Trish. I share healthy family recipes to inspire your family to eat their veggies and save room for cake!