Oooey-gooey chewy chocolate chip pan cookies. A smallish batch - so you can eat them all hot, right out of the oven. Perfect for the next family movie night.
Friends the world is a crazy place today. I'm stress baking. Don't judge
Not to make light of the craziness the world is right now, and I won't claim these chocolate chip pan cookies will make all your stress and concerns go away - they won't - but they sure are a good distraction.
And since we are all at home anyways, why not whip up a batch to go with that Scrabble game you pulled out of the cupboard for the first time since last Christmas?
Small-batch Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies
Why make chocolate chip cookies in a pan? Besides that sometimes scooping and measuring individual cookies is just too fussy.....
... because pan cookies are a magic combination of brownie, cookie and just ooey-gooey goodness 😍
Make these cookies for family movie night, or game night. Scrabble Night. Don't judge. We eat the whole batch - seemly right out of the oven. They are gone in 10 minutes. A quick treat. No leftovers.
Yes - I realize, sometimes you want leftover cookies. Sure - to grab and snack on over the next few days. But sometimes, really. You just want fresh out of the oven cookies. We all know chocolate chip cookies are best, really the BEST, fresh out of the oven. You want this recipe. You want a pan of chocolate chip cookies.
🍪 OMG - serve still hot, in a bowl, with a scoop of ice cream.
Tips for making bar cookies
Brown sugar. Brown sugar adds chewiness and density. A little white sugar adds some structure. All white sugar would make a crispy cookie. I use brown sugar for chewiness.
Add nuts for extra crunch. I like pecans for flavor. Walnuts are extra crunchy. Especially if you sprinkle them on top before baking.
I like dark chocolate in mine - it feels more decadent. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top for a little extra chocolate-ly-ness.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoon butter cold, unsalted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (i like dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 and line an 8x8 baking tin with parchment.
- in a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, sugars until creamy and smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Add flour mixture and gently fold into butter and sugar until just combined. It's okay to have some floury bits at this point. Then add chocolate chips. Fold a few times so that chocolate chips are just combined ane evenly distributed. Do not over mix.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. You will have to push batter into the corners with your fingers. So that the cookies bake evenly, try to keep the dough the same thickness in the pan. Bake for 20-23 minutes. The top will be golden brown and firm on top. Do not overbake. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting. Eat warm.
More cookie treats
on the healthier side😉- Molasses Oatmeal Cookies