These easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are perfectly dense and chewy and the perfect recipe for when you want something sweet, and can't decide between a peanut butter cookie to a chocolate chip cookie.. So make both. Use your favourite kind of chocolate chips... but I prefer dark semi-sweet chocolate personally.
Put a couple of 12-year-old girls in a kitchen on a Saturday afternoon and you will end up with a batch of cookies. Promise.
...which can be a handy strategy if you're looking for a little somethin' sweet
This cookie came about as there was so much indecision... do we do peanut butter cookies or do we make chocolate chip cookies... so we made both! We made this easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. Where all your cookie cravings and indecision can come together in a very happy place.
These are a dense and kinda chewy cookie. We mixed up the chocolate and did a combo of semi-sweet chocolate chips and some mini white chocolate chips just for fun. But use your favourite kind of chip. I like the darkest chocolate I can get my hands on. The girls went with basic semi-sweet and white chocolate.
I used a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour. I like the bit of heft the whole wheat adds. Feel free to use just all-purpose flour.
How to make easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Start with room-temperature butter and peanut butter.
Mix your dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl - flour, baking soda and salt. I like to use a whisk for this, just be sure the salt is evenly distributed into the flour. Set this aside.
Preheat the oven to 375 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
I've started buying pre-cut parchment paper for my baking sheets and it's made a noticeable difference in how easy it is to bake cookies. In the above pictures, you can see that my parchment does not fit properly, and the edges are all ripped up. It may seem like a small detail, but it's definitely worth the investment if you bake cookies frequently. The parchment lays flat and does not move around as much. It will fit your cookie sheets perfectly. You can purchase it on Amazon, here. Just be sure to get a size the matches your cookie sheets.
Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy and fluffy. You can use a standmixer or a handheld electric mixer. You can also do this by hand if you want. Just takes a little bit of elbow grease. Add in the eggs one at a time and beat until each is nicely incorporated.
Beat in the honey and vanilla.
Then add in the flour mixture, and mix in until just incorporated. Then add in your chocolate chips - whichever variety you want and mix just until they are fully incorporated.
Form round balls of dough, about the size of a heaping tablespoon and place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. I bake about 12 cookies on one sheet.
Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Edges will be just turning golden brown and cookies will have spread and flattened out slightly.
You will get about 3 dozen cookies from this recipe.
Tips for chewy cookies
Use a combination of sugars! These cookies use brown sugar white sugar and a little bit of honey. Honey adds a little extra moisture to the cookie as well as flavour.
Don't overbake your cookies! Take these cookies out of the oven as when they start to brown slightly on the bottom. They will have spread a little but are still puffed.
This recipe will make about 3 dozen cookies. They don't last long in our house, which is probably all you need to know. But like most cookies, they will keep for several days in an airtight container once completely cooled. Do not seal them up until they are cool. You could also freeze for about 3 months -- but who does that?
Certainly not around this place.
More easy cookie recipes!
- Pumpkin Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Double chocolate, chocolate chip crinkle cookies
- Granola Cookies
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened.
- ½ cup peanut butter your favourite kind
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cups mini white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl or the bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and beat until creamy and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in honey and vanilla.½ cup unsalted butter, ½ cup peanut butter, 1 cup packed brown sugar, ½ cup white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture and beat at low speed until mostly incorporated. Then gently fold in chocolate chips.1 cup whole wheat flour, 1-½ cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 1-½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, ½ cups mini white chocolate chips
- Using a heaping tablespoons, drop round cookie balls on parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes, or until edges are turning golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.