So, summer is over. Yeah, I know. I’m not anymore prepared than you are. You are probably more prepared than I am now that I think about it. I feel a little bit like a two-year old. I want to stomp my feet and pout. I’m not ready yet.
I am anticipating the major shift in routine and schedule starting September 2nd. I cherish our freedom and lack of routine during the summer months. Yes, I still go to work everyday, but we are fortunate to have the luxury of letting the kids sleep in and hang out at home during July and August. I can sneak out of the house before everyone gets up. No schedule is nice. No grumpy kids to drag out of bed. No lunches to make. Heck, I hardly even make dinner.
September hurts. It hits hard and everything changes very swiftly. Next thing you know we are running to hockey practice on a Saturday morning.
With this in mind, here a little something for that last long weekend of the summer. Maybe that last backyard BBQ. Labour Day app to share with friends. This creamy feta dip works with so many “dip-ables” — fresh veggies, toasted pita wedges, bread sticks or cocktail shrimp — it will keep everyone happy. It feels a bit fancy too. Unexpected.
Full of flavour and so easy. You can get this ready in about 10 minutes and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve it. Don’t get to excited about the garlic flavour – one small clove will go a long way. Don’t be tempted to add more.
Recipe from Canadian Living magazine.
Creamy Feta Dip
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- zest of one lemon
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- fresh chives and olive oil for garnish
- black pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except for chives and olive oil) in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times and pulsing to ensure an even and creamy texture.
- Spread into a pretty serving bowl and sprinkle chives, fresh black pepper and a drizzle of good quality olive oil on top.
Thank’s for visiting. I’m Trish. I share healthy family recipes to inspire your family to eat their veggies and save room for cake!