I love easy salads. This summer bean salad is amazing.
The cool thing is, you could make this anytime of year. I love it for summer BBQs and potlucks. But really, you can find fresh ingredients anytime of the year to pull this one together.
Whatever you do, don’t skimp on the fresh herbs and red pepper flakes. Otherwise, this would just be some ordinary lunch salad that you probably will never make again. And really, you should make this all the time.
I love making this salad and taking in my lunch. It’s healthy and light and the lemony-garlicky dressing is just so fresh. Makes a packed work lunch interesting. Because work lunches need to be interesting. This bean salad will keep for a few days. So go ahead make a big batch and nibble on it all week.
Lemon and Herb Summer Bean Salad
For the salad:
- 1 small red onion finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup celery thinly sliced
- 1 cups shredded carrots about 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 19 oz cans cannellini beans or other white beans
- zest of one lemon
For the Dressing:
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pushed through a press
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage or basil cut into thinly strips (chiffonade)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients.
- In a mason jar with a lid combine all dressing ingredients, tightly fix lid to jar and shake well to combine. (Alternatively, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine). Pour dressing over salad. Taste for seasonings, add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Thank’s for visiting. I’m Trish. I share healthy family recipes to inspire your family to eat their veggies and save room for cake!