Hardly a recipe, but the best thing to do with mini red potatoes. Perfectly roasted potatoes in about 20 minutes. So easy!
This is hardly a recipe.
And I don't have a story.
But... I will tell you, my kids make these for us all the time and they are the best potatoes ever.
Obviously a great side dish, but also a perfect base for any kind of power bowl. We've been known to top them with a fried egg and some ketchup for a very quick dinner. But that is just us. Another favourite is to layer in a bowl with wilted spinach, sauteed mushrooms and your favourite melty cheese.
To make the perfect roasted potatoes, all you need here is some good olive oil, salt and pepper. Your favourite seasoning blend is a nice touch too. I use this Mrs. Dash often. If you have a favourite homemade blend ready to go, like this BBQ blend, that works too.
Toss the potatoes well in the olive oil and arrange on the baking tray so that a cut-side of each potato is down flat. If you want perfectly crisp and browned potatoes, make sure there is a least one edge down flat. And don't move them or stir them during the cooking time. Leave them be.
Mini potatoes make a simple and easy sidedish
The beauty here, is that basically if you remember to grab one of those little bags of mini potatoes next time you are the market you are good to go. I've used red potatoes here, but you can use mini yellow potatoes too. They are all good and need very little prep. Also - once in the oven you have time get together the rest of dinner.
Easy Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs mini red potatoes
- 1 Tbps olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Ms. Dash Original Seasoning optional
- ¼ teaspoon each, paprika and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry potatoes and cut them in half or quarters. They should be bite sized. Pour olive oil on rimmed baking sheet. Add potatoes and toss in oil until potatoes are evenly coated. Spread them evenly over the baking tray, cut side down where possible. Sprinkle with salt, seasoning mix, paprika and garlic powder. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Potatoes should be tender and golden brown on cut edges.