Roasted Carrots with Parmesan, Garlic, and Balsamic. An easy side-dish that looks impressive and tastes even better.
This past Thanksgiving (Canadian version) my Sister-In-Law made these garlic roasted carrots and then covered them with Parmesan and I decided right then that it was the best thing ever to happen to a bunch of carrots. So I had to make them. This is my take on her recipe... Balsamic and Garlic Roasted Carrots with Parmesan.
Roasted Carrots, an easy side dish
I know another post this week! Crazy right? ..but I just had to get this one out there for you. This is important! ...mostly because I've decided I love roasted carrots. Loovve-ing them. And I am loving throwing them in the oven to roast for an easy side-dish. (Here is another easy roasted carrot side you might like.)
With the holiday's coming we are all looking for ways to make the prep for that special dinner (or maybe dinners) as easy as possible. So having a recipe that is mostly hands-off is a real "win-win." I mean the carrots kinda take care of themselves while you plate the rest of the meal, finish the table, pour the wine,... maybe enjoy a glass of wine. You know the more important stuff. 😉
And these babies are highly flavored, so garlicky - which makes so much more special than just a bag of microwaved-steamed carrots.
First you make a sweet balsamic glaze spiked with garlic, honey, and oregano and pour it over your carrots. Spread everything out on a sheet pan and roast in a 400-degree oven for 30 or so minutes. 30 minutes later you have perfectly glazed and roasted carrots... covered that garlicky goodness. Shred some freshly grated parmesan over the bunch and you have the best, and maybe the easiest, side-dish ever...
Here's how you make them...
Roasted Balsamic Carrots with Parmesean
- 1-½ pounds peeled and sliced carrots
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vineagar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly grated parmesan
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange carrots in an even layer on a sheet pan. I used baby carrots. This recipe works equally well with supermarket carrots - just slice length-wise into halves or quarters depending on thickness.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, crushed garlic, balsamic, honey, dried oregano and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Pour mixture evenly over carrots and toss carrots around to coat evenly. Push carrots into a single layer and place into the oven. Roast at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- For serving, generously cover carrots with freshly grated parmesan, fresh grated black pepper and additional sea salt if desired.
What about the garlic?
.. Mix the garlic in with the balsamic and honey, then toss the mixture over the carrots. (Thanks! 😉 )