Glazed Carrots make an easy holiday side dish. These vegan oven-roasted carrots are glazed with maple syrup and dijon.
I’m not entirely sure why I ended up with so many incredibly cute and perfect farmer’s market baby carrots, but I did. Thank you Costco. And fortunately for you, I’ve used these lovely little bits of crunchy orange and created a couple of side dishes for your next big family dinner… which we all know is coming sooner rather than later. You might also like these Balsamic & Garlic Roasted Carrots.
Today I have these pretty Maple Glazed Carrots. These babies are oven-roasted and dusted with a bit of dried thyme and sea salt.
I used dried lemon thyme for these carrots, which was picked by my nephew from his summer garden. But any kind of dried thyme will do.
Roasting is one of my favourite ways to prepare vegetables. It’s a not fussy thing to do with vegetables and the flavour is always just right. This version of roasted carrots is sweet with a bit of tang from a good dijon mustard. All in all this recipe takes a total of 5 ingredients – including the carrots, okay six ingredients if you include sea salt
Throw these babies into the oven, set a timer (so you don’t forget about them) and get a few other things done..finishing touches on dessert, setting the table, whatever…. If you remember to give them a stir halfway through cooking.
I find these are good out of the oven for a bit. Which makes them forgiving in all the good ways. And means all the last-minute rushing at least is not necessary for the carrots.
Here is how you make them…
Oven Roasted Maple Glazed Carrots
- 1-1/2 lbs carrots peeled, leave whole if small or cut in half or quarter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grainy dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss carrots with olive oil, dijon and maple syrup. Toss well and evenly coat carrots in the good stuff. Spread the carrots evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle any remaining glaze still in the bowl over the carrots. Sprinkle thyme over the carrots as well as a generous sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place carrots in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 25- 30 minutes or until carrots are tender when pierced with a fork. Stir halfway through cooking if possible, but not totally necessary. Serve