Raw lemon pound cake bites are tiny little bites of lemony goodness to get you through that sugar craving. Raw. No bake. Low sugar. Vegan. Raw lemon balls that taste just like your favourite cake.
These raw lemon pound cake bites are just what you ordered. They are totally lemony and overall not that bad for you. Vegan. Gluten-free. And refined sugar-free.
I've designed these little bits to help satisfy you - right about now - just a few days after you have vowed to take a break from all the holiday excess. When you have said you will not touch anything containing refined flour, sugar or anything good tasting again.
But, these little bits taste good. And will satisfy your sweet cravings.
I'm not gonna lie. I have a hard time turning down pound cake.
Keep these guys stashed in the freezer. They will soften up a room temperature. And I think the flavour is better when they are cold. And yes, I realize, that if you are like me and have started back to the office after the New Year break, this may mean you can't take them with you for that mid-afternoon pick-up. I'm sorry. I prefer to grab one of these straight out of the freezer with a cup of tea after I've cleaned up the kitchen after dinner.
Notes about this recipe
- These are calorie-dense - nuts, coconut and coconut oil. Be cautious of how many you grab at once. One or two will do.
- I like to make these relatively tiny. I use a measured teaspoon to scoop up the batter and then roll. You will get 24-30 bites for this recipe.
- You will need a food processor for this recipe. I think a blender will turn the batter into butter. Which could be very good in its own right, but not what we are going for here.
More healthy snack recipes you might like:
- Healthy vegan oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate
- Vegan Iced Matcha Latte
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Blueberry Banana Snack Cake
Here is how you make raw lemon pound cake bites:
Raw Lemon Pound Cake Bites
- 1-½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut plus more for rolling
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons organic unfiltered coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- juice and zest from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- In the bowl of the food process add all ingredients and process until smooth. This could take a couple of minutes and you will need to stop the food processor periodically to scrap the sides.
- Roll batter into bite sized balls - about 1 heaping teaspoon each. Roll the little balls in additional shredded coconut. Freeze for at least 4 hours to fully harden. Keep frozen.