These super yummy peanut butter and dark chocolate oat bars are so simple you can make them in 15 minutes. Fudgy, no-bake, vegan and gluten-free.
I'm a baker. Few things are more satisfying than pulling something warm and sweet out of the oven. So I don't go no-bake treats very often.
But there is beauty and genius in no-bake desserts. These no-bake chocolate oat bars are no exception. Peanut butter and dark chocolate fudge. These are so easy, as all no-bake treats should be. They are also vegan and gluten-free, and that is magical.
Because sometimes, you
need want something quick. And fuss free. And very chocolately.
No-bake Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are the thing to make. They are incredibly addictive. You will notice in the picture above there is a whole side of the pan missing. The kids got to this batch before I could take a few quick pictures. 🙂
I like to make these chocolate oat bars with dark chocolate 50% cacao or higher. Use the highest cacao you can find. You might also find that darker, higher cacao is easier to find dairy-free. I like the richness of dark chocolate. It's also less sweet.
I love this 8x8 baking pan for these squares. It's got a removable bottom!
Tips for making No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
- I used Earth Balance to make these bars vegan. I've tried other vegan butters and you do need to be careful here. They are not all the same. If you want to use Becel I recommend use ½ cup Becel and ½ coconut oil. Otherwise the bars will not hold together
- For the oats use whatever you have on hand. I like 50 / 50 quick oats and large flake oats. The large flake oats give them a nice chewy texture I'm really fond of. But I find the quick oats stick together a bit better.
- I used the darkest chocolate chips I can get my hands on. Dairy-free to keep them vegan. You can use whatever kind of chocolate you like. But I think the dark chocolate gives the best chocolate flavour.
- These bars are easily gluten-free if you are careful to select gluten-free certified oats.
No bake chocolate oat bars
- 1 cup vegan butter like Earth Balance - see notes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats see notes
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a bit of an overhang to so the finished bars can easily be removed. I like 8x8. 9x9 works nicely too.
- Melt butter and brown sugar and vanilla in large sauce pan. Stir and cook over medium heat until creamy and smooth. Sugar should be disolved
- Stir oats into the butter mixture and continue to stir and mix over medium heat until the oats are evenly coated. About 3 minutes. The mixtue might bubble a little and that is okay.
- Cover the bottom of the sqaure baking dish with about half of the oat mixture. Pressing the mxiture firmly to make a crust. I use the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten and smooth out the oats to make an even layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter together until the chocolate chips melt and the mixture smooth and creamy. Do this in 30 second increments, stiring after each. It should only take a minute or two. Once the chocolate starts to melt, it will blend smoothly. Pour over the oatmeal crust and spreading almost to the corners.
- Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture, gentily pressing into the chocolate. It's okay if you see some chocolate.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight until chocolate is firm. Remove from plan and cut into squares.
Leave a reply: